Biking the Algarve is one of the best ways to enjoy its scenic beauty and take advantage of the gorgeous weather while still being active. Praia de Benagil was the key Algarve draw for me when I went to Portugal last fall, and as I neither like to drive nor can ride a motorcycle, biking to Praia de Benagil from Praia da Rocha was the most optimal option for me.
More itinerary details, tips, and recommendations in that blog post. Here, a turn-by-turn guide to safely biking to this gorgeous place.
- Follow Estrada da Rocha out of Praia da Rocha
- Continue on to Rua Dom Carlos I before following the roundabout onto Avenida Guanaré
- Continue onto Rua Candido dos Reis, then right onto Rua Judice Biker, which becomes Rua Serpa Pinto
- Turn right onto the Rua Infante Dom Henrique bridge
- Pass the 1st roundabout
- At the 2nd roundabout, turn right
- At the next roundabout, turn right again (near Restaurant Fim do Mundo)
- Follow Rua do Regalo and then turn right at Restaurant Babalu
- Follow Rua da Hortinha and stay on M530
- At the next roundabout, turn right toward Colina da Lapa and Presa de Moura in Carvoeiro
- Go straight on Urbanização das Sesmarias
- Follow either M1272 or M1273 all the way to Benagil